Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cats, Fiddlers, um...Ducks? What next- Bison?

  When I left the house today, over my left shoulder I saw this:
 And I thought, no. That's just not right. That looks like a Mallard on the neighbor's roof. Can't, or at least really shouldn't be. Maybe I should just go back inside and go to bed...

So I looked with quality teutonic optics, and well...


Yes, yes indeed. There was a Mallard on the neighbor's roof.

"Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky, as shaky as, ...as a Mallard on a roof!"

Wait. No, that's not it... Maybe:

"What is the victory of a duck on a hot tin roof? Why, just stayin' on it I guess..."

No, that's not right either. Brick with a crutch and a bourbon calling Liz Taylor and her violet eyes "Maggie the Duck" just doesn't have the effect Williams was going for, I'm afraid.

Then to make matters worse, around six o'clock this evening, he returned to the same spot- this time with his bride!

Squirrels, Bees, Cats, the occasional odd fiddler every now and then, ok, alright. These I can accept, but ducks?!? What next, I ask? Clown Fish?  Flamenco dancers? Takins? Amphiumas or Rythmic Gymnasts! Where does it stop? (Sorry, I started to channel Tevye there for a sec. It's over for now I think.)

Clearly another sign that the end of days is nigh upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment